About Dorothy Butala
Real estate isn’t my job, it is my life (ask anyone who knows me!). Instead of getting my license to sell real estate first, I began buying rental properties in 2007. After a few years, I decided I wanted to learn more about managing real estate, so I pursed a position with a property management company. It then made sense for me to get my license and help others with their real estate needs. My 10 years of real estate experience has allowed me to build a large network of vendors, contractors, suppliers and other companies and individuals. This network allows me to provide my buying and selling clients the support they need when it comes to inspections and repairs from already vetted contractors. My clients are at ease knowing I have weeded out the bad apples and only recommend those that I work with myself in my rental portfolio. I have saved many of my clients thousands of dollars and countless headaches by utilizing my network. Whether you are looking to buy a home, move into a bigger one, or pursue investment real estate, I can help you achieve your goals.
- Over 10 years experience in the ownership, self-management, renovation and financing of a $1.4 million dollar portfolio consisting of single and multi-family properties
- Prior director for a property management company that managed 550 residential rentals, 250 condos and 2 million SF of commercial space for over 2 years
- Provided consultation services to institutional clients in the education and medical fields in Pennsylvania and New York, on how to best manage their real estate assets
- Active board member and Chairperson of the Education Committee for the real estate investor association of Northwestern Pennsylvania
- US Army Veteran
- Volunteer for Because You Care, ANNA Shelter, Erie Animal Network, Orphan Angels and Big Brothers, Big Sisters